Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hi! My name is Sylvester Peters. I an 15 years old. I was born in January 16, 1992. I came from Antigua in July 19, 2001. I was burned when I was 7 years old. I ran to the beach. My skin was peeling off of my body. I was crying a lot. I saw heat coming from my body. I put on clothes. When I was in the ambulance they had to cut the clothes off of me. They took me to the airport and put me on the airplane.

I went to Canada because in my country they can't tend to burns, so they bought my ticket so I could go to Canada. When I got up there they took me to the Emergency room and tended to me. I was in the room and they took skin from different parts of my body. When they were finished with me. They took me out and put me in a different room so I can recover from the burns. I stayed in the room for three and a half days before I could leaved the Hospital.

My mother and I got something to eat before I went to the airport. I went back home to my country. We stayed down for four weeks. Then my mother called my Aunt in New York and told her that she was going to send me up there to her.

That morning I got up and took a bath. Then I put on my clothes and my mother and I took the bus to the airport. When we up got there we went up to the person who checked the bags. She asked for the ticket from my mother.I landed in kennedy in July of 2001 and have been here ever since, school was a culture shock and very different from Antigua but I got use to it. I even learned to like.I needed extra help, so I went into special Ed after about the second year.

Now I'm a senior at cis339. I hope to pass middle school, go to high school and then to college. I want to do a stint in the armed forces, maybe the marines. I think that would be a good on my resume. After the service, I'll manage something,What I'm good at.

1 comment:

Pat Wagner said...

Hi Sylvester,
It sounds like you should be very proud of the way that you have kept on fighting to overcome obstacles. With this sort of attitude you can go a long way.